The Income was as usual with no extras.............. My state pension and the County Council spouses pension and small bits of interest. I got notification of the Winter Fuel Payment (to be paid sometime before the end of January) - which is new to me as I now get my state pension. £200 will go a good way towards the next heating oil top up.
- Mended tiny holes in 3 pairs of leggings....moths?washing machine? or just old age?
- Bought a big bag of cooking apples for £1 from the Fundraiser coffee morning
- Harvested the last of the peppers from the greenhouse and popped (squeezed) into freezer
- Used the last 2 very small aubergines for an aubergine and pasta bake that fed me for 2 days
- One Pensioners discount Fish and Chip meal £3.50
- Reading library books for free.
- Mixing whole milk half and half with water
- Morrisons actually had their bags of "wonky" fruit and veg- pears and carrots(although none of their Suffolk tomatoes for ages).
- Home made bread
- Bargain pack of 4 ink cartridges for the printer were £1 from a boot sale. I keep saying I'll replace my very old printer as soon as I run out of ink cartridges but then I find some cheap and hang onto it for a bit longer!
- Picked the right days to do the washing and avoided using the tumble dryer
- Gift of cooking apples from DiL who was gifted a huge bag full and didn't need them all.
It's really been obvious how prices are rising this month. Moving here should have meant less spent on diesel for the car but with a 15p a litre price rise in just a few weeks I seem to be spending almost as much as before. The price of fresh fruit has been steadily rising all year and most supermarkets no longer do a "value" range - or if they do it's on a very limited amount of things. I've more-or-less restocked cupboards that had been run down prior to moving and have started to build up a small store of extras. The kitchen wall cupboards go right up to the ceiling which means the top shelf is beyond reach except with the steps so that's a good place for an emergency can store and Christmas things.
There was another expenditure in October, but I don't mind buying a present for this one at all!
I'll return next month which happens to be Monday - Yes - November already. Clocks back Sunday - I refuse to be glum!
(Apologies for not reply to many comments this week)