Miss Kim, Zingermans seasonally-driven Korean restaurant, is happily nestled in the heart of Kerrytown. We invite you to explore our neighborhood by building a staycation around your next Miss Kim meal.
To help you plan your day in Kerrytown, we talked to Miss Kims team for their top tips to enjoying the neighborhood. Whether you follow a visit to the Ann Arbor Farmers Market with bibimbob, or treat yourself to dinner at Miss Kim as the finale to your day shopping, we think youll have a great time exploring our neighborhood.
We hope to see you soon!
WHERE IS MISS KIM?
Off Kingsley street, kitty-corner from the Ann Arbor Farmers Market, youll spot Miss Kims frosted glass sign from Kingsley street, facing its adjacent parking lot. Miss Kim is nestled in Kerrytown, a historic district in Ann Arbor known for its pedestrian- and bike-friendly red brick streets.
Miss Kims address is 415 N 5th Ave, but youll enter through the restaurants adjacent parking lot. Heres a peek at the entrance, and heres a map!
Now that youre equipped with a solid parking plan, read on for our insider tips to Kerrytown.
MUST-SEE CULINARY ATTRACTIONS
Kerrytown has become a foodie landmark, thanks to Zingermans national popularity. Here are a few of our favorite spots to shop and dine in the neighborhood, beyond Miss Kim.
- Zingermans Delicatessen: Taste your way through the cheese counter and retail space or grab a legendary sandwich.
- Zingermans Next Door Cafe: Grab a cappuccino and a slice of pie after you dine at Miss Kim.
- Monahans: Enjoy a bowl of chowder or pick up fresh seafood to take home with you.
- Sparrow: Grass-fed, quality meat.
- Durhams Tracklements: Peruse the world-class smokerys offerings, including smoked salmon. Tracklements makes a special miso-cured cold smoked salmon for Miss Kim!
- Ann Arbor Farmers Market: Miss Kim has a close relationship with this 100 year old market and even offers a discount when you show your farmers market haul!
THE SHOPPING SCOOP
Kerrytown is packed with distinctive, one-of-a kind stores. Youll do well keeping your eyes peeled for boutiques to browse while youre in the area, but we put together a few of our favorites if you prefer to have a plan of attack for your shopping trips.
- Found: Where vintage meets modern.
- Spun: Your local yarn shop. Owned and run by a former Zingermans employee!
- Hollanders: Decorative paper and cards.
- Thistle & Bess: Well-curated jewelry and lifestyle boutique.
Kerrytown isnt just food and shopping, its also proud to host experiential landmarks and annual festivals. Destination Ann Arbor offers a comprehensive calendar of events. Here are a few of our favorite Kerrytown activities.
- Festivals: From PRIDE to African American Fest, Kerrytown hosts some of the citys best festivals.
- Art fair: Ann Arbors annual, sprawling art fair winds its way through Kerrytown.
- Hands -On Museum: Interactive science exhibits for all ages.
- Kerrytown concert house: Intimate concert venue.
We hope you take these tips to create a staycation in Kerrytown next time you visit Miss Kim. Theres nothing like pausing to appreciate your neighborhood.
We hope you love Kerrytown as much as we do!
The post Miss Kims Guide to Kerrytown appeared first on Zingerman's Community of Businesses.